Department - Renal & Dialysis Units Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TX > HOUSTON > TEXAS MEDICAL CENTER
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation's best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery.
The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke's is home to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adult and pediatric care–treating more than 51,000 patients annually. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University.
Responsible for enhancing clinical practice through planning, developing and conducting education programs for providers and other key clinical services staff, including evaluating the effectiveness of programs and providing guidance to staff and key leaders. Facilitates assessment and identification of ongoing learning needs for staff development programs. Designs and delivers programs that support the organization's mission, vision, values and strategic goals, implemented using the organization's framework for professional clinical practice and development.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required:
Education and Licensure:
Bachelor's Degree Nursing, Masters Preferred
BLS and ACLS required
Current Nursing License applicable to The State of Texas
At least three (3) years of RN clinical education experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
Knowledgeable of instructional design and principles of adult learning
1. Demonstrates expertise in the teaching /learning process and Assists management and clinical staff to develop and provide educational programs
2. Utilizes Prophecy Assessments to identify learning needs and assists the nurse managers, clinical nurse specialists, clinical educators, quality coordinators, and preceptors in planning learning activities to meet those needs
3. Develops and performs needs assessments in collaboration with management/ Clinical Nurse Specialist / nursing staff to determine developmental and educational needs
4. Assesses critical thinking, interpersonal relations, and technical skills of staff to assist in categorization of orientation and staff development
5. Communicates with staff to facilitate development of their clinical, management, and/ or research skills
6. Promotes career advancement including clinical ladder and differentiated practice through mentorship
7. Consults with management and clinical staff to coordinate an effective preceptor and mentor program
8. Consults with management to develop, revise and implement cost effective, outcome driven educational programs, tools and materials for all nursing staff
9. Collaborates with management to plan and direct new employee orientation
10. Leads and participates in the performance improvement programs and other quality enhancement activities through monitoring and evaluating the outcomes of educational offerings
11. Integrates research findings into clinical practice, educational programs, and policy updates
12. Supports and Participates in unit based research projects to promote a knowledge base for the nursing profession
- Requisition ID: 2020-R0270870
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Apply on company website