The Woodlands Hospital
A primary and secondary care hospital serving North Harris and Montgomery counties. Clinical services include cardiovascular services, diagnostic imaging, women's services (digital mammography and bone density studies), neurosciences, pediatric care (Newborn and Level II nurseries) and surgery, pathology and pulmonary services, and sleep disorders. Clinical affiliations include The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center's Radiation Treatment Center, and Texas Children's Hospital.
Position Summary: Security Officer Full-time 3rd Shift
Provides the highest level of safety and security by patrolling assigned areas to deter, detect and investigate crime and/or any suspicious activity which could cause harm to individuals or property; effective monitoring of electronic surveillance equipment; effective monitoring of hospital emergency systems and ability to dispatch appropriate personnel via radio.
1. Responsible for patrolling assigned areas, on foot or by vehicle, Provides service and protection
2. Investigates suspicious person(s) or activity, responds to crimes in progress, crimes that have occurred, disturbances, accidents, various public service calls, and other miscellaneous incidents.
3. Investigates complaints, criminal incidents, suspicious activity and accidents. Prepares detailed written incident reports.
4. When assigned to dispatch, effectively monitors electronic surveillance equipment to identify any suspicious person(s) or activity and dispatches appropriate personnel to investigate; Operates base radio station by dispatching appropriate personnel to emergency situations and/or requests for assistance by monitoring all radio traffic, Responsible for answering multiple telephone lines in response to routine and emergency inquires and dispatches appropriate personnel in regards to those inquires; Maintains appropriate logs of daily radio communications received from shift personnel and requests received via telephone; tabulates data from logs to produce required activity reports.
5. Provides general information and assistance to patients, visitors and employees, including safety related escorts as requested, to various campus locations.
6. Collaborates with various department personnel and external agencies to gather and exchange information; promote departmental services provided to the campus.
7. Assure proper working order of equipment; notify appropriate personnel when Repairs and/or maintenance is necessary.
8. Intervene as necessary to confront and restrain hostile and abusive persons in a manner necessary to reduce risk of personal injury to patients, visitors or employees, and to minimize the disruption of operations
9. Aids the Security Coordinator in reviewing security documents and related reports
10. Assumes shift lead role in the absence of a Security Coordinator
High School Diploma/GED Required
Non-commissioned Security Officer (TCPS)
One (1) Year of experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Work requires a high standard of personal appearance and grooming which conveys a professional image
Work requires self-initiative and motivation to enable the completion of tasks or projects with minimal supervision
Work requires analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret basic data, prepare routine reports and maintain accurate records
Must be able to pass a Department of Motor Vehicle check
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0248325
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Night Job
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Woodlands Hospital
Apply on company website