Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation's best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery.
The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke's is home to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adult and pediatric care–treating more than 51,000 patients annually. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University.
Performs instrument processing activities, decontamination, assembly, sterilization (steam, sterrad, and gas) and stocking of instruments to remote locations to insure availability to areas providing direct patient care. Ensures that personal performance and service quality levels meet or exceed customer expectations and perceptions.
Minimum Requirements: Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma/GED
- More than 1 year of experience
Minimum Knowledge Skills, and Abilities:
Instrument and Sterilization Processing Knowledge
1. Troubleshoots equipment within Department 2. Prepare work area at beginning of shift.
3. Maintains a clean and safe work area at all times. Participates in routine cleaning activities (i.e. sterilizers, surface areas, storage carts, etc.)
4. Transports and decontaminates all soiled instrumentation and equipment to a state of cleanliness, disinfection and disposes of all infectious items according to established procedures
5. Maintains customer focuses and service responsiveness by answering incoming calls in a timely manner and responding immediately to emergency requests
6. Assures accuracy in the assembly and packaging of all necessary instrumentation, special trays and equipment for sterilization. Inspects and lubricates all instruments according to manufacture recommendations to insure cleanliness and proper working order
7. Performs all steam, sterrad, and ethylene oxide sterilization activities insuring cycle and documentation accuracy
8. Labels, incubates, logs, and documents all biological indicators in a timely manner. Also, reads and reports issues with biological indicators immediately to Charge Personnel
9. Operates all department equipment according to manufacture recommendations
10. Follows established policies and procedures in the performance of all work activities in compliance with Departmental and regulatory agency requirements
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0259884
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Apply on company website