Catholic Health and Kenmore Mercy Hospital is looking for a Vice President of Medical Affairs. This position serves as key executive leader and champion for clinical operations effectiveness, quality, patient safety, and population health while playing a key strategic role as part of the leadership team to provide medical leadership and accountability in clinical and quality outcomes and performance; patient satisfaction; physician and APP intervention/mentoring; fostering early disclosure of unexpected events related to care delivery; strategic planning; administrative/fiscal operations; facility, regional and/or system leadership; and community relations.
The Vice President, Medical Affairs acts as liaison between the Medical Staff and Administration, partners with the site President and Vice President of Patient Care Services of Kenmore Mercy Hospital, and reports to the System Executive Vice President / Chief Physician Executive (EVP / CPE) of the Catholic Health System. The chosen candidate has primary responsibility for directing the Hospital Medical Staff organization in accordance with applicable New York State regulations and other regulatory agency standards, and coordinating medical (clinical) activities and resources of the Hospital and Medical Staff to enhance the efficiency of the Hospital in delivering quality health service. The chosen candidate plays a critical role in System and Catholic Medical Partners initiatives on Population Health Management, quality improvements, clinical practice standardization, fostering a culture of safety, champion our high reliability & magnet journey, and other cross functional initiatives.
- D. or D.O. Degree required
- Board Certified in a medical specialty, licensed to practice medicine in New York State.
- MHA or MBA desirable.
- Prior experience in Medical Staff Leadership and/or Graduate Medical Education.
- Continued activity in clinical practice preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of clinical practice experience required.
- Relevant work experience in a multi-facility healthcare organization is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to work effectively with many diverse work roles
- Broad understanding and demonstrated ability to participate in and commitment to teamwork in the provision of medical care.
- Excellent understanding of healthcare reform requirements and impact on healthcare systems.
- Solid knowledge and experience in Lean and Six Sigma process redesign techniques in optimizing and standardizing operational and clinical processes
- Solid understanding of new models of providing healthcare and the implications of implementing these models across the continuum of care.
- Strong knowledge in New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), Joint Commission (JC), Office of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC), Committee for Physician Health (CPH) and other regulatory agencies.
- Solid knowledge in IT and EHR role and implementation requirements.
- Knowledge of healthcare financial management, assessment of organizations, and insurance contracting.
- Excellent understanding of acute care medicine and interaction with practice community.
- Demonstrated ability to bring diverse stakeholders together around challenges and opportunities associated with clinical and cultural integration.
- Ability to think, act and challenge in a manner that fosters collaboration, teamwork, and systemness.
- Active learner must be continually learning in both clinical and non-clinical areas in view of dramatic organizational change and fast paced evolution of the health care environment.
KENMORE MERCY HOSPITAL
Kenmore Mercy Hospital, part of Catholic Health, a full-service 184 bed hospital, provides nationally recognized medical, surgical and critical care services in one convenient location. Its Orthopedic Campus of Excellence features a dedicated Knee & Hip Center and comprehensive rehabilitation care, including an inpatient Medical Rehabilitation Unit and on-campus subacute and outpatient rehabilitation services.
The hospital also offers state-of-the-art emergency and stroke care, specialized neurosurgery and critical care services, and a wide range of diagnostic and treatment services, including on-site laboratory, radiology, cardiopulmonary and sleep medicine services.
As a Joint Commission accredited hospital, Kenmore Mercy meets the highest quality and safety standards in the industry. Since 2014, Kenmore Mercy has also earned seven consecutive A ratings in Leapfrogs bi-annual Hospital Safety Grade report. In 2017, Kenmore Mercy became Western New Yorks only Magnet-recognized hospital, another national quality achievement reflecting the highest standards of nursing professionalism, collaboration and teamwork.
- Is an integrated health organization serving the Western New York area from the Canadian Border to the Pennsylvania State Line;
- Offers care from over 70 locations, including 5 hospitals;
- Provides acute, outpatient, ancillary, cardiac, vascular, womens and orthopedic care;
- Over 8000 employees, 1500 affiliated physicians;
WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers numerous outdoor recreational activities to enjoy an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large-city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, and cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. Buffalo is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
- Is #10 in the USA for least expensive places to live.
- Has an average commute of 20 minutes.
- Enjoy 24 performance Theaters.
- Browse over 40 Museums.
- Boasts an amazing Olmsted Park System.
- Has incredible architecture.
- Features outstanding quality restaurants, with strong variety and easily accessible.
- Has over 100 direct flights daily for easy travel.
- Is the City of Good Neighbors.
- Top rated professional sports teams.
APPLICATION Interested applicants should reply with a current CV and a cover letter (with salary requirements) to:Terese Lagattuta, Director of Physician and APP Recruitment
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies.
Catholic Health and Kenmore Mercy Hospital is looking for a Vice President of Medical Affairs. This position serves as key executive leader and...
Apply on company website