Through multiple initiatives, the Department of Institutional Equity and Human Resources (IE/HR) provides leadership and enthusiastic support for the creation and maintenance of a diverse and inclusive CCRI culture. With expertise in employee engagement and organizational design, IE/HR provides guidance and programming to maximize employee and organizational performance.
The Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Organizational Development (“Director, DEI and OD”) exists to lead efforts to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive institution, and to drive organizational improvement by evaluating and identifying opportunities to increase efficiency, effectiveness and performance. The incumbent will oversee initiatives designed to dismantle systemic barriers to equity and to create a culture that promotes inclusion and employee engagement. Also, the incumbent will plan, coach and consult with individuals and teams to solve organizational challenges, including training and performance initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Commitment to CCRI's Mission:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Champion diversity, equity and inclusion (“DEI”), carrying forward College-wide initiatives and communicating the value and importance of DEI
- Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Collaborate on campaigns to drive the importance of DEI at CCRI
- Offer DEI vision and design DEI strategy for the College
- Consult to managers and leaders to address DEI challenges while modeling DEI commitment and leadership
- As a thought leader, advise on HR trends, DEI developments, best practices and operating guidelines
- Plan and implement strategies designed to increase employee engagement and enhance employees' sense of belonging
- Provide direction for a wide range of programs and initiatives related to DEI at CCRI
- Design and implement various initiatives, action plans, programs and training, including e-learning, virtual learning, site-based training, assessments and other solutions
- Identify and communicate challenges as they relate to the organization's DEI, leadership and people goals and continually take steps to improve employee experience
Data-informed Analysis and Decision-making:
- Research and analyze data regarding organizational performance, DEI metrics and employee effectiveness, identifying gaps and appropriate interventions
- Conduct relevant surveys and identify ways to enhance efficiency and adaptability within the College
- Supervise and manage the Facilitator, DEI and OD, including overseeing the Facilitator's handling of CCRI's governance-related activities
- Responsibly oversee the DEI and OD spend, with an eye to the overall IE/HR budget
- Perform other duties as required
Apply on company website