Please note: These positions will be at the following campuses:
Newport County, Liston (Providence), Flanagan (Lincoln)
Provide one-on-one and small group tutoring online and in-person to students struggling with Math Emporium courses and advanced math subjects. Conduct specialized math workshops. Document tutoring outcomes in Starfish. Be aware of student support services. Supervise the Student Success Center and student employees in the absence of the Campus Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide online and in-person math tutoring to individuals and small groups.
- Become proficient in using ALEKS and assist students in using ALEKS software.
- Review organizational and study strategies with math students.
- Assist in training peer math tutors and provide on-going guidance to peer tutors.
- Develop and deliver specialized math workshops when requested.
- Assist in pre-semester remediation and study strategy programs.
- Participate in departmental and inter-departmental meetings and attend in-service and other job related training.
- Refer students to college support services and other college departments when necessary.
- Supervise the Student Success Center and student employees in the absence of the Campus Coordinator.
- Communicate with campus coordinator to ensure continued successful operation of the program.
- Document tutoring outcomes using Starfish software and shared documents.
- Experience with Blackboard, Zoom, MS Teams, and WebEx preferred.
- Assist in general office management as needed including answering phones, covering front desk, assisting visitors, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Apply on company website