The Talent Acquisition Specialist is an integral part of CCRI's ongoing efforts to recruit, hire, onboard, and retain, talented employees who bring a diversity of identities and life experiences to support the mission of the college. This role oversees the full-time non-classified and faculty talent acquisition process and oversees the hiring and processing of part-time, intermittent and other temporary staff. The role also includes responsibility for special projects that support the employee experience. Lastly, the role will include various department-support duties and serving as a resource for department-related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
Commitment to CCRI's Mission:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college as well as an inclusive, collaborative, and positive employee culture.
- Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding:
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders, identify optimal and creative methods of recruitment for all non-classified and faculty positions, including in-person events, relationships, job sites; help departments plan recruiting efforts.
- Working collaboratively with Marketing & Communications, and other stakeholders, develop materials that will enhance and maximize recruiting efforts.
- Develop and maintain CCRI's employer brand in order to attract and retain top talent. Oversee the recruiting and hiring process for all classifications (non-classified, classified, faculty and part time). Such efforts include facilitating the “Request to Fill” (RF1) process which includes: position management: assign position numbers to vacancies. Review all RF1 requests to determine accuracy of information. Advise hiring managers on proper protocols, according to collective bargaining agreements. Act as main point of contact for all matters relating to a request to fill a position. Posting, advertising, preparing applicant files for search committee action, supporting search committees.
- Advise hiring managers with developing or revising job descriptions for all non-classified and faculty positions. Ensure that requirements, knowledge skills and abilities are consistent and equitable with level of paygrade and classification.
- Directsearch committee's on: hiring process including but not limited to, reviewing/approving evaluation criteria and performance based interview questions. Ensure that evaluation of applicants are in accordance with qualifications listed. Train search committee members on: implicit bias and behavioral interviewing. Review applicant pools to ensure that every search is being conducted in a fair and equitable manner according to CCRI's Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Support and assist search committees with appropriate selection process protocols.
- Review all search documents to ensure compliance of CCRI Affirmative Action guidelines and bargaining union contracts. Present findings to Director of Human Resources to take action.
- Utilize data and analytics to develop a focused strategic plan to recruit and hire talented and diverse employees. Develop programs, initiatives and processes to implement talent retention strategies.
- In collaboration with the Division of Academic Affairs, identify and establish recruitment networks to identify diverse candidates; provide guidance in targeted outreach. Assist with the development of memorandum of understanding to create partnerships with Historically Black Colleges/Universities, Hispanic-Serving Institutions and local graduate schools.
- Assist with CCRI's DEI efforts by actively participating in DEI council group meetings and assisting with the facilitation of We Are CCRI and other DEI programs and initiatives.
- Create monthly new hire statistical report including analysis of hires for VP of business administration. Provide analysis of all hiring activity including but not limited to: number of applicants, job postings and search committee updates.
- Responsible for continuously improving CCRI's hiring process to ensure a streamlined and efficient process by leveraging technology.
- Responsible for all aspects of PeopleAdmin, CCRI's electronic applicant tracking and talent acquisition system. Act as certified administrator of PeopleAdmin, maintain current knowledge, design and maintain workflows within the platform to ensure continuous improvement and implement strategy to automate hiring process. Regularly asses, troubleshoot and maintain platform. Act as subject matter expert and respond to inquiries from all PeopleAdmin users. Prepare related statistical reports as requested.
- Review, set salary, and process CCRI part-time payroll, honorarium and stipend authorizations to ensure eligibility for employment and appropriate rates of pay.
- Improve part-time hiring process by reducing time to hire. Streamline the HR tech role which includes efficiently onboarding all new Part-Time hires
- Facilitate offer salaries for non-classified positions: act as a liaison between hiring managers and HR to determine equity and budgetary feasibility of proposed salary. Process, monitor and remit payment for all temporary help used by the College in accordance with State regulations; act as liaison between temporary agencies and requesting departments.
- Serve as primary lead and represent CCRI at board meetings for RIHETC to support the college's training needs.
- Serve as a back up to maintain and update the department web site. Responsible for maintaining employment website (jobs.ccri.edu) and all pages related to employment, including but not limited to, resources for hiring managers and search committees web pages.
- Monitor HR advertising budget. Monitor use of HR purchasing credit card. Enter requisitions for all advertising related purchases.
- Prepare and/or design standard and specialized reports using word processing, ARGOS and spreadsheets.
- Respond to questions from employees and the public concerning HR matters that do not require the attention of the Director and serve as back up to department staff during periods of absence or peak periods.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website