DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Centerpoint Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At CPMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization's vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
- 36 Bed Unit, with 4:1 Nurse/Patient Ratio for Nights, with average stay of 2 to 7 days
- Working in a fast-paced, passionate, team-oriented environment, surrounded by critical thinkers.
- Variety of patients including Trauma, Stroke, Post Cath Lab Stint or Stemi, Drips, and more.
Under the general supervision of the unit's director or designee the CNC assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts.
In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
This position supports the mission of Centerpoint Medical Center of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
Centerpoint Medical Center expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
The intent of these values is to assure that this facility creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.
- Graduation from a school of nursing required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Activity in professional organizations encouraged.
- Two years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of unit and leadership/management experience is preferred.
- Current Missouri RN licensure required.
- BLS certification required.
- ACLS within 6 months – 1 year of hire.
- Continuing demonstration of clinical & leadership competency. Commitment & understand of staffing matrix/productivity standard. Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety & positive patient experience.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe & appropriate patient care within the standards of nursing practice. Displays judgment and superior problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
- Under supervision of Director, expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with establish departmental and hospital policies & procedures.
- This position requires knowledge of growth & developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to standards. (The skills and knowledge needed to provide such car may be gained through education, training or experience).
The Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients.
The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you're embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our ER RN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested in more RN openings with Centerpoint Medical Center? Contact Recruiter, Johna Koelzer at 816-401-3382 or email Johna.Koelzer@hcahealthcare.com for more information!
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website