SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Phlebotomist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Centerpoint Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At CPMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Paid Personal Leave
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Mission and Values
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Phlebotomist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Accurate phlebotomy work is essential to ensure patients get the right diagnoses and treatments. Phlebotomists must carefully identify patients, label bloodwork and appropriately fil out required paperwork. They must also understand what is required for each ordered blood test to ensure patients don't have to return for secondary blood draws and receive accurate results the first time.About this unit:
- Patient focus culture.
- Strong team focused.
- Under the supervision of the Section Manager and/or LST Coordinator performs phlebotomy procedures and transports laboratory specimens.
- Draws blood from patients for analysis or other medical purposes. Assembles equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection tubes, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray according to requirements for specified tests.
- Verifies and records patient identity and converses with patient to explain procedures and allay fear of procedure.
- Assists with clerical duties including data entry and report distribution.
QualificationsWhat Qualifications You Will Need:
- A minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year experience with specimen collection, all ages, in an inpatient hospital setting preferred.
- ASCP certification preferred.
The Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients.
The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you're embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Phlebotomist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website