DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Centerpoint Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare as a Trauma Coordinator PI Registered Nurse.
At CPMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefitsincluding:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Educational Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Clinical Nurse Coordinator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator is a registered nurse who is responsible for implementing a system of patient care delivery that focuses on the achievement of outcomes within effective time frames and with appropriate use of resources.
About this unit:
Level II Trauma Center, Stroke and STEMI Gold Plus
Focus on all aspects of the Patient's Care: Pre-Hospital, ED, ICU, Floor, OR, Rehab, etc
Amazing teamwork in a collaborative and cohesive environment, with development and career growth paths!
- The Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator is a registered nurse who is responsible for implementing a system of patient care delivery that focuses on the achievement of outcomes within effective time frames and with appropriate use of resources.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to develop and implement the patient care plan and monitors the plan to ensure the quality, timeliness, and effectiveness of services.
- Will periodically reevaluate and adjust the patient care plan to assure services are appropriate, cost effective, and consistently moving the patient toward independence.
- Is responsible for ensuring trauma practices & policies are implemented appropriately to provide optimal, research based care to our patients. This is done via direct patient care, audits, policy review, and literature reviews.
- Participates with leadership in developing and implementing staff education.
- Assists in preparation of departmental meetings, presentations and in-services. Responsible for being a designated resource with clinical expertise, assisting with mentoring, rounding and teaching of trauma courses. TNCC Instructor.
- Acts as a liaison for the trauma program with community, local, regional and state agencies involved in the care of the injured trauma patient. Assists with registry input and submission to required state, national and corporate agencies.
- Assists in trauma protocol development and adherence to guidelines.
- Responsible for follow-up and communication with referral partners. Assists with outreach, including community events and educational programs.
- Works in collaboration with Injury Prevention to represent CTMC and coordinate activities based upon trauma registry data.
Bachelor Degree in Nursing required
Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation.
BLS, ACLS and Trauma nurse provider certification(TNCC or ATCN) required
PALS or ENPC - Strongly preferred; TNCC/ATCN Instructor and Certification in specialty area preferred
Maintain membership in one professional organization (i.e. ENA, AACN, ATS, STN)
Demonstrates working knowledge of TQIP, NTDB and COLLECTOR systems.
Must be able to analyze information from several systems at one time.
Must be self directed and function autonomously with strong organizational skills.
Two (2) years related experience in Critical Care or Emergency Department with emphasis in care of the surgical or injured patient.
Two(2) years related experience in trauma, ED or rehab care.
Must be comfortable with working in an office based environment. This role is more focus on the administrative side of nursing vs patient care.
Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives and positive patient experience.
Computer and internet skills and experience required. Familiarity with Windows (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Hours: Monday through Friday, No Weekends, Holidays, nor call required
The Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients.
The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you're embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our ER RN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested in learning about more opportunities within Centerpoint Medical Center? Please contact recruiter, Johna Koelzer at 816-401-3382 or email: Johna.Koelzer@hcahealthcare.com
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website