Position Title: Coder 2
Essential Functions: The Coder II is responsible for evaluating and assigning the appropriate IC D -9, IC D -10, C PT -4, and HC PC S codes, as well as abstract pertinent clinical information for bill preparation for the following patient types: Observation, Ambulatory Surgery, Observation, Provider Based Clinics, Hospitalists, Urgent Care, Pathology and Surgery as outlined in the coding policy and procedure manual. This position is also responsible for researching and resolving coding/billing issues, appeal denials and analyzing the medical record for completeness, consistency, and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Post High School Special Training
- Credentials or equivalent through AHIMA or AAPC
Special Skills/Qualifications/Additional Training/Experience Required:
- Knowledge of basic ICD-10-CM, HCPS and CPT-4 coding instructions is required, as well as medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in health care coding with multiple specialty medical group.
- Knowledge of Pathologist and Surgical coding.
- Knowledge of the life cycle of a medical claim.
- This position located in the Physician Billing office.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Who We Are:
Exciting news! Central Florida Health is now a part of the University of Florida Health family and has become UF Health Central Florida. This exciting development represents a bold new era in the delivery of world-class health care in the communities we serve with a name well-known and established both regionally and nationally. Our team members still benefit from a comprehensive and competitive benefits package designed to meet their individual and family needs. We also believe that is why Becker's Hospital Review listed us among the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” this year. Check out our available jobs and apply today!
Apply on company website