Position Title: Insurance Collector, PFS
Essential Functions: The Patient Financial Services Insurance Collector is responsible to follow-up with insurance carriers and governmental agencies to resolve issues and obtain payment of hospital bills. This position maintains in-depth knowledge of insurance claim processing, reimbursement policies, regulations, administrative rules and managed care contracts. The Insurance Collector works in a team setting to successfully meet monthly cash collections goals for the department
Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
- Post High School Special Training (Preferred)
- High School Diploma/GED (required)
Special Skills/Qualifications/Additional Training/Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years experience in hospital billing, insurance collections, or other healthcare revenue cycle position.
- Knowledge of follow-up and payment recovery techniques.
- Must be able to interpret & understand payer reimbursement policies, regulations and administrative rules.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and coding principles.
- Demonstrates solid critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations, compose professional correspondence
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer, internet, and e-mail competencies required
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Exciting news! Central Florida Health is now a part of the University of Florida Health family and has become UF Health Central Florida. This exciting development represents a bold new era in the delivery of world-class health care in the communities we serve with a name well-known and established both regionally and nationally. Our team members still benefit from a comprehensive and competitive benefits package designed to meet their individual and family needs. We also believe that is why Becker's Hospital Review listed us among the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” this year. Check out our available jobs and apply today! To learn more, visit www.CentralFloridaHealth.org.
Apply on company website