The Charge Nurse, under the direction of the Nurse Manager and Director, is responsible for scheduling employees and coordinating patient flow and room turnover, overseeing supply and equipment management, coordinating training and orientation of new nursing personnel, assisting in staff development, monitoring the departmental environment to ensure safe patient care and to evaluate and discipline employees and/or make effective recommendations regarding the same.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree Required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Florida Registered Nurse License.
- Quality Indicator Measure cert within 3 mos of hire
- NIH within 6 mos
- CRRN must be obtained within 6 months once the team member becomes eligible to take the certification. Note: 2 years of Acute Rehab RN work experience is a minimum requirement for an individual to become eligible to take the certification.
- Special Skills/Qualifications/Additional Training/Experience Required
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Who We Are:
UF Health Central Florida, formerly known as Central Florida Health and acquired by University of Florida Health in January 2020, is an award-winning, locally owned and governed not-for-profit health care system and the largest, most comprehensive provider of health care services in the region. We care for patients in Lake, Sumter, and Marion counties through inpatient acute hospital services at UF Health The Villages® Hospital and UF Health Leesburg Hospital, inpatient rehabilitation services at UF Health The Villages® Rehabilitation Hospital, adult inpatient psychiatric services at the UF Health Leesburg Hospital Senior Behavioral Health Center and diagnostic laboratory services at several locations.
As a premier health care provider, UF Health Central Florida takes pride in providing progressive, innovative technology, along with building strong relationships with patients, families, physicians and residents of the communities we serve. Check out our available jobs and apply today! To learn more, visit www.CentralFloridaHealth.org.
Apply on company website