Our Corporate Information Services team is searching for an Ab Initio Developer based in Schaumburg, IL. This position will have significant responsibilities related to developing, solutioning, supporting and leading multiple IT initiatives and systems. They will be responsible for interfacing with the business stakeholders and transforming detailed business functional requirements into Ab Initio codes and generating the appropriate data. They will work closely with key stakeholders and maintain high quality standards while operating in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Gather requirements from Operations and Products to define data definitions, transformation logic, and data model logical and physical designs, data flow and process.
- Design, develops, and test data processes per business requirements, following the development standards and best practices.
- Perform data analysis on input and output data using the tools available and solve any data related queries or issues.
- Develop, test and automate metadata upload/download, data quality control applications, release procedures using various technologies available, including Abinitio, SQL and PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripts.
- Work independently in the development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of systems of moderate-to-large size and complexity.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance, Operations and Production support group.
- Document the data mapping, transformation logic and process flow for each development project.
- Work closely with system users to solve any issues in data or system with Advanced knowledge of Data warehousing concepts
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in computer science, engineering (all branches), math or a related field
- 3-5 years of solid experience in Ab Initio Development, with knowledge in developing UNIX scripts, SQL server SQL/PL-SQL.
- Resource should have hands-on development experience with various Ab Initio components such as Rollup, Scan, join, Partition by key, Partition by Round Robin, Gather, Merge, Interleave, Lookup, etc.
- Working knowledge of source-code control using EME is required.
- Knowledge in using Express>IT, Control Center, Query>IT.
- Should have strong technical experience in Design (Mapping specifications, HLD, LLD), Development (Coding, Unit testing) using Ab Initio.
- 3years of production support experience.
- Experienced with formal software development life cycle.
- Strength in data analysis and detailed oriented & Ability to influence others and operate effectively in a matrix organization.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Ability to work in a constant of alertness and safe manner.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website