Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT), a leading innovator, marketer, and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn, and garden supplies markets, is seeking a Brand Manager for our Zilla brand to join our reptile Pet Segment located in Franklin, WI.
The Zilla Brand Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans and integrated marketing plans for the assigned product portfolio to satisfy overall company objectives. The Brand Manager takes complete ownership of all marketing efforts and activities, champion's projects and leads cross-functional teams to ensure execution. In this position you will evaluate category trends, other market data, business results and internal financials to conduct thorough analysis and develop insights and action plans. The Zilla Brand Manager also plays a fundamental role leading our demand creation plans and go-to- market activities to achieve the brand's business objectives. Scope ranges from marketing strategy planning to development and execution of our integrated marketing communication programs aimed at building brand equity, strong omni-channel consumer engagement and profitable growth. A successful marketing leader is results oriented and an adept problem solver with proven ability to be comfortable with ambiguous situations while leading, collaborating with and influencing cross functional teams to align resource priorities with the brand vision. In addition, the Brand Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of the assigned product portfolio, including the different aspects of the product life cycle. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
Please visit our website for additional company information www.central.com
Our offices are conveniently located 20 minutes south of Milwaukee and 35 minutes north of the Illinois border in the Franklin Business Park within minutes of local restaurants and stores.
In addition to great pay and work environment, employees are eligible for discounts on pet products, Verizon and AT&T cell phone discounts, yearly gym membership reimbursement, an ala carte benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, long term care, and even pet insurance! A 401k with full match up to 3%! You will also receive free life and disability coverage and discounts on movie tickets, sporting events, travel and more.
- Analyze business trends in both revenue and retail dollars to optimize pricing, products, merchandising and assortment.
- Drive achievement of annual business objectives goals of revenue, profit, and share growth.
- Provides thought leadership and support development and execute annual and long-range business plan, including solid analyses that deliver overall plan recommendations.
- Identify trends and insights that lead to product ideas that uniquely satisfy unmet needs, assessing business potential, and authoring new product concepts & development briefs to initiate projects.
- Lead cross-functional teams, including, but not limited to, Sales, R&D, Product Development, Operations, Purchasing, Finance, Agency, and Legal to champion projects.
- Manage project timelines, problem solves, anticipate deviations from plan, and proactively identify and recommend solutions.
- Plan and coordinate new product launches from concept to market, including product development, packaging development, volume forecasting, pricing and tracking and sales communications.
- Develop sales tools/materials to optimize impact of the sales organization.
- Monitor and actively participate with procurement group on forecasting and purchasing of Zilla products.
- Lead implementation and optimization of omni-channel marketing communication tactical programs, with primary focus on digital and social media.
- Allocate and manage marketing budget with approval and partnership of brand marketing/management lead.
- Evaluate marketing programs based on financial impact, consumer engagement and brand equity metrics. Monitor and optimize digital marketing plans based on key metric results.
- Provide consumer- and customer-insight-driven selling proposition to enable successful field sales execution.
- Recommend consumer marketing communication path to convey key benefits and reasons to believe, including claims development.
- In partnership with Creative Services team, develop and implement briefs for packaging design and creative development for marketing communication support tactics.
- Attend key trade and consumer shows.
- Act as an advocate for a positive work environment
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field (Required)
- 3-5 years of marketing of consumer-packaged goods or brand / product management experience (Required)
- Previous pet industry experience with Reptiles or other applicable categories (a plus but not required)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI)
- Exceptional project management skills and experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in analyzing/leveraging Sales and Financial data and persuasively presenting findings.
- Experience presenting to management and sales organizations.
- Understanding of marketing research processes and methods.
- New product development and launch experience across varied channels (i.e. line extensions, new categories, etc.), from concepting to commercialization
- Strong organizational and time management/prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills; written, oral and formal presentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Self-motivator able to deliver satisfactory work under limited supervision.
- Periodic travel will be required.
Work is performed in an office environment. Works closely with department managers and personnel throughout the company. Specifically, will work with the other marketing members, purchasing, operations, and sales on a daily basis. Also has regular contact with finance, R&D, customers and outside vendors. There may be some variation in work hours due to schedules, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.Back Share Apply Now
Apply on company website