It's Easy. We want to hire employees who care about what they do. At Central Garden and Pet, we are proud to supply quality aquariums to fish and reptile hobbyists throughout the United States (www.aqueon.com and www.zilla.com). Quality is a big deal and we can't build a quality product without employees who work safely, show up every day and are committed to building a quality product.
In addition to great pay and work environment, employees are eligible for discounts on pet products, $480/year gym membership reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401k with match and $500 yearly profit-sharing bonus! You will also receive free life and disability coverage, Once hired, if you refer a friend who gets hired you can earn a $500 bonus!
Check out the positions listed below and click Apply to let us know you're interested.
The Material Handler is responsible for filling customer orders, delivering them to the delivery platform, and loading product onto trailers in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security and productivity. They are responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Must be able to operate a stand-up reach forktruck.
- Use RF guns to move product within the facility and pick customer orders.
- Receives pick tickets from the warehouse coordinator and read order number, size, color and quantity of merchandise.
- Obtains merchandise from bins or shelves.
- Picks customer orders for shipment ensuring that the correct number and product type is loaded and shipped.
- Carries or transports orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment ensuring orders are staged in order of delivery.
- Maintains material handling equipment by noting and reporting any damage or malfunction.
- May assist in placing incoming items in inventory.
- May conduct physical inventories as required.
- Change fuel tanks on forklift.
- Sweeping and general housekeeping.
- Lift cases by hand to pick customer orders or load trailers.
- Hand stack product to combine partial pallets.
- Ensures proper placement of inventory and accuracy of inventory transactions and cycle counts.
- Other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Forklift experience preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Ability to work as a team member and work cooperatively with an assigned partner.
- Perform repetitive tasks with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Plant environment with periodic visits to the office area.
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Central Aquatics is located at 5401 West Oakwood Park Drive and 9675 S. 60th St. Franklin, WI 53132
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website