Central Pet Distribution is hiring Night Shift Warehouse Associates
Central's Pet Distribution team works together to supply our customers with the nation's top brands of pet supplies like Nylabone, Kaytee, and Aqueon. If you are dependable, responsible and committed to safety, this may be the job for you! Starting rate of $15.50 -$17.50 per hour on 2nd shift depending on your experience. Training is available to get you to the next tier!
- Tier 1-$15.50 per hour with no equipment experience
- Tier 2-$16.50 per hour if you can operate an electric pallet jack.
- Tier 3-$17.50 per hour if you can operate a Crown order picker and Crown reach truck.
Apply now to be considered for an interview. Candidates will be required to pass an oral swab drug test and criminal background check.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Process transactions utilizing RF technology and/or identify items on paper pick ticket according to bin location, part number, and/or description
- Pick orders that are scheduled to ship that day and package merchandise to ensure safe transport
- Inspect merchandise to ensure only quality product is used to complete the order
- Accurately review counts of all incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against invoices, orders or other records
- Unpack, examine and route incoming shipments; record shortages and reject damaged items
- Utilize pallet jacks, Crown Order Picker and Crown Reach Truck where applicable
WHAT YOU BRING TO CENTRAL:
- 1+ year related warehouse experience
- Ability to pass an oral swab drug test and background check at time of offer
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to read and write legibly in English, carry out oral instructions in English, count and do basic math
- Voice pick (Vocollect) experience preferred
- Forklift experience and RF scanner experience preferred
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds, safely, with or without accommodation
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Work is conducted in a warehouse environment with temperature changes depending on the season
- Working with or near conveyors depending on assignment
WHAT CENTRAL PROVIDES TO YOU:
- Training so you can move to a higher pay tier – extra $1 for each tier!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount on Pet supplies, cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance
- Referral Program with cash bonus
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website for additional information www.central.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website