Come be part of a team that strives to be the best, wins together, and is passionate about pets! General Pet Supply a division of Central Pet & Garden Company is looking for a Warehouse Lead on 1st Shift for the Milwaukee, WI location.
Full-time employees enjoy excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, short-term and long-term disability, free life insurance, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and more! You will play an important role in helping the organization achieve our goals of providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
Assists in overseeing the warehouse staff to ensure accurate and timely flow of product into and out of the warehouse in the most cost-effective manner. Primarily oversees and coordinates the receiving process, including replenishment and rotating of products.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Assist in the training and development of Warehouse Associates
- Assist in directing, assuming, & monitoring work or warehouse associates for accurate, damage-free, and timely receipt/delivery of product
- Ensure time clock entries are accurate and make appropriate corrections as needed.
- Ensure trucks are loaded prior to Driver's start time.
- Communicate with supervisors to maintain efficient warehouse operations.
- Unload product for shipment, inspect for damage, contaminations, correct products, and correct quantity.
- Rotate products to maintain freshness standards.
- Process returns (restock or dispose)
- Work with appropriate personnel to resolve discrepancies and/or issues with products
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Able to safely operate and become certified in the operation of all warehouse equipment, including forklifts, walk-riders, electric pallet jacks, manual pallet jacks.
- Working knowledge of computers
- Able to effectively communicate.
- Able to meet guidelines and work under pressure
- Must be organized, cooperative, and can work on a team
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Standing/walking for duration of shift.
- Temperature varies based on weather conditions.
- Warehouse environment is not 100% dust-free.
- Use of warehouse equipment including pallet-jacks, walk-riders, forklifts, etc.
- We work until the job is complete. Full-time employees are expected to work necessary overtime as required
General Pet Supply is a division of Central Garden & Pet Co. At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com and www.generalpet.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Apply on company website