CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for sales account development within an established geographic territory for a moderately complex set of products and services using an array of prospecting activities.The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities by contacting prospective customers by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments.
- Develops and implements actions to create additional opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total customer spend with the company. Assists in creating account plans and strategies to win new business from both new as well as existing customers.
- Develops and manages customer relationships for assigned accounts in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, retain existing revenue and attain additional business.
- Learns and develops further knowledge of new technologies and selling points which includes enhancing expertise in the company's product application technologies.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- Strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction and ability to provide assistance to sales force.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
- Working knowledge of selling IP, data, and voice network services.
- Experience in business communications application sales is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete an online assessment immediately after applying. Completion of the online assessment is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the assessment. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Alternate Location: US-Ohio-West Chester
Requisition #: 224480
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website