CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink is a customer focused, cutting edge IT Solutions company that is driven to exceed our customers' expectations and needs. We are currently seeking an Account Manager II - Inside to join the SMB organization. In this role, you will be a part of an entrepreneurial team, responsible for managing a designated existing customer base. The primary focus is to deepen and expand the relationship between CenturyLink and key named accounts to maximize revenue and minimize churn.The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing an assigned base of customers.
- Accountable for maintaining and growing the assigned customer base by building customer relationships, assessing product fit and expanding product portfolio.
- Responsibilities include identifying decision makers, determining customer needs, identifying appropriate solutions, and positioning these solutions with the customer.
- Accountable for protecting base revenue and meeting/exceeding average quota.
- Ability to function in an unscripted capacity; requires solid interviewing / selling / persuasion skills, in addition to a strong knowledge of the company's products/services and often requires additional knowledge of competitor's products/services.
- Responsible for updating relevant customer information - including sales funnel activity, opportunity updates, maintenance of monthly goals, customer proposals and customer contracts.
What We Look For in a Candidate
What you will need to Succeed:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent education and 1-2+ years Business to Business inside/outside sales experience.
- Prior account management experience with a history of working to retain and grow existing accounts.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical problem solving and closing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel).
What will make you stand out:
- Demonstrated stable track record of success in an inside/outside sales role.
- Previous experience calling into an existing customer base.
- Advanced understanding of technology products and solutions and knowledge of how they are interrelated.
- Passion for customer service and the desire to understand and introduce new technology to customer base.
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Alternate Location: US-Minnesota-St Paul
Requisition #: 223880
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website