CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink is a customer focused, cutting edge IT Solutions company that is driven to exceed our customers' expectations and needs. We are seeking an Account Manager I-Hunter to join the SMB organization. The team helps customers transform and evolve their business with CenturyLink's global network. As part of an entrepreneurial team, you will be responsible for helping businesses in the small to mid-market (SMB) space to use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners. This position focuses on acquiring new logo accounts in a B2B target market through an aggressive, no nonsense sales approach.
Sound Interesting? Here are some specifics:
* Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding assigned sales objectives and monthly revenue quotas, and building new revenue by selling telecommunications products and services to small and mid-market (SMB) accounts with an average technology spend of $500-$5,000/ month.
* Responsible for cold calling and prospecting, both on the phone and face-to-face, in a high activity sales model to an assigned zip code based territory.
* Manage sales funnel to analyze and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity against assigned quotas.
* Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and provide prompt follow-up to all customer inquiries.
* Must be organized and maintain accurate records on daily activities and results.
* Individual will not be responsible for post-sale account support or renewals.
What you will need to succeed:
* Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent education with typically 1-2+ years' sales experience.
* Experience working in a quota bearing role.
* Proficiency with PC-based applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and sales performance/tracking programs.
* Ability to travel for sales trainings, kick-off meetings, etc. is required for this position.
* Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
What will make you stand out:
* Experience with and knowledge of the customer base in the local market.
* Demonstrated stable track record of success in Sales, with 4 years consecutive experience within one company within the last 5 years.
Below are some Benefit Highlights on what CenturyLink has to offer:
•We offer a broad range of health and welfare benefits including Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental Vision and Disability. We also have flexible spending and Health Savings Accounts, Life Insurance options and Financial Planning for the future.
•Our Wellness Programs are outstanding. Well Connected helps employees take charge of health resources – tools and tips on eating right, getting healthier, losing weight and managing stress.
•We have a Commuter Spending Account option which allows employees to make before-tax contributions during the year to reimburse transportation expenses throughout the year.
•Voluntary Lifestyle Benefits which include Accident Insurance, Cancer Program, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance and a Legal Plan.
•We also have several engagement initiatives that we have rolled out over the last few years which include the following:
o Paid Maternity leave for 12 weeks paid
o Parental leave for 4 weeks paid
o Milk Stork for nursing mothers
o Extended Bereavement Leave from 3 days to 10 days for immediate family members, paid – up to 30 days off unpaid.
o Survivor Benefits – if something happens to the employee, their spouse continues to get the pay and benefits for 6 months
o Focus on You – a personal goal for the year 2019 to focus on yourself
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete an online assessment immediately after applying. Completion of the online assessment is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the assessment. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Columbia; US-Missouri-Jefferson City
Requisition #: 224936
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website