CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Principal Architect will assume a leadership role within the Architecture and Engineering organization. The role will consist on being a major contributor to the vision and strategy of the voice and collaboration network and duties will include working with the CenturyLink Product team to create and define new services, resolution of unique or complex architecture problems, vendor/partner selection, strategic documentation and communication of this work throughout the entire organization. Must be able to undertake multiple highly complex architecture projects that may impact multiple business units. The ideal Principal Architect will be a great motivator who can thrive in a fast-changing environment, with consistent drive to find ways to improve the network, share expertise and inspire fellow employeesJob Description
- Provide high level network architecture designs for Voice and Collaboration solutions that meet the requirements of Product, Operations, Sales and other business units
- Lead, define and manage initiatives and projects to develop new network services
- Contribute to the innovation pipeline and technology processes toward forward-looking strategies in support of the wholesale, enterprise, SMB, collaboration and consumer voice business
- Define, assess and evaluate alternative solutions to ensure alignment with target architectures and industry standards evolution
- Ensure alignment of projects with agreed strategic roadmaps and target architectures
- Participate or follow industry standards forums and processes
- Publish High Level Designs that communicate the architecture and technology direction
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education
- 12+ years of experience in voice network architecture role or 10+ years with Masters
- Experience in requirements gathering, architecture development, costing modeling
- Experience performing technology assessments and making recommendations based on the needs
- Extensive knowledge of VoIP platforms and protocols, softswitches, feature servers, core routing engines, SBCs, gateways, UCC platforms, media servers, etc.
- Experience/knowledge in NENA i3 Next Generation 9-1-1 Architecture; including but not limited to OSP Delivery, Next Generation Core Services (NGCS), and i3 PSAP Call Handling Equipment (CHE)
- Ability to document architecture and design in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge and expertise among various organizations within the company
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative to facilitate teamwork within the various organizations
- Capability to manage schedule with flexibility to handle varying workload, and still meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be available to travel for internal and external meetings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Visio
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, presentation and communication skills
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Bachelors in Engineering or Equivalent
- Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Ohio-Dublin
Requisition #: 218521
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website