CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.Job Summary
Senior Project Manager acts as the single point of contact for assigned customer facing Professional Services projects where a customer is paying for Project Management Services. The projects will be large and complex in nature, typically having multiple workstreams and significant revenue.
The Professional Services Senior Project Manager is expected to have a deep understanding of Project Management concepts and can apply cascade methodologies (preferably PRINCE2) to a project of a Telecoms and IT Infrastructure nature to successfully manage a project to time, budget and quality specified. The Senior Project Manager is expected to manage all interactions on the project(s) from providing bid and contract signature support and receipt of customer orders, through to implementation and closure to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. The individual will have good commercial and contractual experience and be able to support and provide input to colleagues across the whole of customer journey.Job Description
- Hold internal kick-off meeting to review solution, all dependencies, actions and timelines
- Determine a clear understanding of the commercial and contractual construct of customer engagements
- Identify and act as central point of contact for all internal stakeholders, managing internal resources
- Work closely with Order Manager to ensure all system updates as applied as necessary in line with the project plan
- Ensure detailed designs are produced and design is understood by internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure orders loaded by Sales accurately reflect solution and design sold
- Hold customer kick-off meeting
- Act as the customer face within CenturyLink and as central point of contact for customer to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Produce detailed project plan and critical milestones.
- Produce detailed PID and communications plan, gain internal and external stakeholder acceptance sign off
- Telecoms and IT Infrastructure customer project delivery
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification preferred or equivalent accreditation
- Background understanding of ITIL principles and framework
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; specifically - MS Project
- Good understanding of the following technologies: - WAN deployments, IPVPN, SDH, Dark fibre, Ethernet products, VOIP, Optical & DWDM networks, Security Products, Wi-Fi installs, Co-location, Platform Builds, Cloud Computing and Physical and Virtual Server builds.
- Cisco product knowledge very desirable
- Varied Telephony products knowledge very desirable.
- Extensive experience of delivering Global WAN, Telephony and IT Infrastructure implementations/ transitions
- Familiar with enterprise architecture disciplines and methodology
- Background of facilitating IT Infrastructure solutions with customers/suppliers.
- Understanding of whole product life cycle from conception through to implementation and support
Alternate Location: PL-Poznan-Poznan
Requisition #: 217972
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
Apply on company website