CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This position is a supportive role implementing Managed Security Services (MSS) and Managed Trusted Internet Protocol Service (MTIPS) in a Federal Security Operations Center (Federal SOC) 24x7x365 environment. The Federal SOC function is to provide customers with firewall, continuous monitoring, protection, prevention, and detection services as well as reporting and incident analysis based on events collected from multiple sources. This position will be responsible for providing the technical support to design and implement one or more of the following services: Federal government (MTIPS, DHS), Managed firewall, IDPS, and incident response.
The Main Responsibilities
- Performs a long-term project leadership role working towards the development of new solutions, processes, tools, systems that have company-wide and possibly industry-wide impacts.
- Frequent contact with senior leadership of customers and contractors for the purpose of creating and presenting innovative long-term solutions and managing key relationships. Acts as a resource within the engineering and scientific communities to develop solutions or handle the most complex tasks for which existing methods and procedures may not apply.
- Provides exceptional support of nextgen Firewalls and UTM features including but not limited to user web filtering, deep packet inspection, intrusion detection.
- Provides consultation and advice to Federal customers, engineers and management regarding work functions, processes, methods, procedures, and tools. Develops and delivers technical and process training, including, documentation in areas of expertise and innovative areas of technology.
- Maintains an industry-wide perspective on emerging and evolving technologies and implementations, in order to ensure corporate directions/strategies.
- Candidate is considered a SME in 3 or more of the listed security requirements.
- If not previously approved, candidate must be willing to submit for a required government suitability clearance up to TS/SCI.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Federal government – for the Networx/EIS (MTIPS) program, provide operational support on the Fortinet platform. Coordination efforts with third-party vendors (CapGemini, Fortinet) and CenturyLink groups (FedNOC, Architecture and Engineering, Product and Sales). Networking skills (i.e. – BGP routing background) would be required to be successful in this area. Fortinet experience is preferred. Need very good communication skills to prepare MOPS for scheduled maintenance involving multiple support groups.
- Managed firewall - expertise with all aspects of firewall and VPN (IPSec and SSL) technology desired. Knowledge on one or multiple platforms (Fortinet, Check Point, Palo Alto, and Juniper) is desired. The Federal SOC Operation is based on Fortinet platform (Fortigates, Fortimanager, Fortimails, FortiAnalyser, FortiAuthenticator and FSSO Agent). Architectural expertise desired but not limited to the areas of stateful packet inspection, address translation, denial of service, URL filtering, content inspection, content reporting, configuration and change management.
- Managed Firewall – Expertise with all aspect of Fortinet Session-Aware Load Balancing Cluster (SLBC) Architecture and operations.
- Excellent incident reporting skills are desired; forensics background is a plus. The ability to provide consulting, policy reviews, training, security audits and advisories, as well as support for malware/DDoS attacks, internal compromises, and other malicious events will be part of this skill set.
- Use of any SIEM (Security Incident and Event Manager) application is desired - ArcSight or Splunk administrator experience/exposure is a plus. Ability to develop and implement use cases based on event correlation and specific business requirements is desired. Ability to create reports and dashboard deliverables based on event correlation is desired. Administrator expertise desired for the SIEM platform (FortiAnalyser and Splunk).
- Knowledge of any IDPS applications is desired – Sourcefire, SNORT, and /or Fortinet experience is desired. Event analysis via SIEM or vendor application is desired.
- Linux RedHat Server Administration is considered a plus.
- Recognized industry Certifications: CCNA. CCNP, CISSP, NSE7, would be considered a plus.
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Arizona-Tempe; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Minnesota-St Paul
Requisition #: 226851
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website