CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Sr Lead Data Systems Engineer will work to consolidate large volumes of data across the entire company supporting everything from quoting and ordering, through billing and network analytics. Delivering innovative business solutions you are joining the team that leads the effort to translate the client's business requirements into specific systems, applications, and process designs leading the effort to complete the systems integration. The right candidate thrives in an environment where they have a highly visible role and enjoy solving complicated business problems.Job Description
- Exercises latitude to translate the needs of the business into system capabilities in the form of system requirement specifications.
- Understand and support the architecture with the ability and expertise to develop overall solution to support the architectural direction.
- Perform research and development activities to support future IT business strategies.
- Lead the support of clients by consulting and recommending solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics and 10+ years of experience
- 8+ years of data engineering experience
- Expert in writing extremely complex SQL statements
- Experience in building advanced analytics solutions with data from enterprise systems like ERPs, CRMs, Marketing tools etc.
- Experience with dimensional modeling, data warehousing, and modern data structures
- Understanding of best-in-class model and data configuration and development processes
- Experience working with remote and global teams and cross team collaboration
- Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Self-starter with a desire to drive to solutions especially in data sourcing
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and succinct articulation
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Effective communication skills
Nice to Have
Education Bachelors or Equivalent
Knowledge of and interest in AI and Machine learning
Knowledge of computer coding/programming languages and software development concepts
Basic knowledge of various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOX or similar standards
Basic knowledge of vendor software integration and interaction patterns
Technical problem-solving skills with the ability to find successful resolutions for issues of basic to moderate complexity
Good project management skills
Resolve customer issues with software solutions and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
Prepare flow charts, business process management (BPM) workflow, and systems diagrams to assist in problem analysis, Visio skills, UML familiarity
Knowledge of IT operations, such as operating systems components, utilities, production schedulers and system environment hardware components
Telecom experience preferred
Experience in data technologies such as Oracle, Mongo DB, Cloudera Data Lake (Hadoop), Informatica
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition #: 218945
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website