JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for ensuring existing facilities are routinely patrolled and secured to oversee safety of school buildings, property, students, staff members and the general public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patrols assigned facilities including buildings, parking lots, and equipment; check for security, and equipment; check for security, vandalism or casualty losses, and report all incidences to the appropriate Police or Fire Department.
- Oversee pick up and drop off procedures.
- Availability to work nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Supervise other building security personnel.
- Maintain visitor/building log accurately and assist visitors to school buildings using the appropriate procedure.
- Successfully participate in the training programs offered to increase the individual's skill and proficiency related to the assignment.
- Reviews current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility.
- Monitors electronic school security system.
- Ensures adherence to good safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by school administrators.
- Follows federal and state laws as well as School Board policies.
OTHER SPECIAL SKILLS
- Ability to recognize potentially unsafe or out of the ordinary situations while providing security to the facility.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of all types of fire extinguishers and how to use them properly.
- Ability to perform some mechanical trouble-shooting.
- Ability to identify authorized vehicles and persons designated to be on premises during his/her shift.
- Must be alert, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Bilingual skills preferred but not required. Computer skills as required for the position.
- Strong track record for analyzing complex problems/issues, identifying patterns and recommending creative solutions.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work and interact with individuals at all level of the organization.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive security reports.
- Ability to establish a set of operating principles and routines; driving projects to completion, while insisting on highest level of quality.
- Ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to establish excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral, Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Computer Basics – Windows Explorer, MS Word, Electronic school security system.
- Knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of Federal, State, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law preferred.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels, outdoors and on the telephone.
- Speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms, outdoors and on the telephone.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Be able to reach overhead, and work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA compensation and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
- FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA Policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this position description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- High school diploma or satisfactory completion of an approved General Educational Development (GED) Testing Program preferred.
- Two (2) years of successful experience as a building security employee or at least three (3) years of supervisory experience in the security profession.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
Apply on company website