ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In partnership with State HR teams, Legal, Payroll, Finance, and department resources, accountable for auditing, communicating and maintaining compliant enterprise-wide policies processes pertaining to:
- Compensation: classification of employees, minimum wage, termination payments, reporting time, hours worked (e.g., overtime, timekeeping, training and travel time), wage deductions, and state, county and city specific wage and hour law changes including required notifications
- Hiring Processes: job postings, pre-employment background checks drug screening, offer letters, I-9s, employment agreements, and compliance training requirements
- Employment Practices: FMLA/ADAA/Workers compensation/ federal, state, county and city leave and scheduling requirements, mandatory supervisory/employee training, notifications employment policies and handbooks, and disciplinary/discharge procedures (processes, documentation, training, etc.)
- Identifies new, existing and revised federal, state, county and city employment and labor laws, regulations and enforcement activity, analyzes cross-company compliance risk and recommends policy and procedural changes to HR Leadership
- Advises HR staff and State HR teams of new federal, state, county and city, legislation and regulations relevant to Company's employment law practices and processes
- In conjunction with HR team, creates and implements new and revised processes, system enhancements, and workflows to ensure compliance with federal, state, county and city employment and labor laws and regulations
- Audits employment policies and handbook(s) consistent with all applicable laws
- Partners with HR and Legal to develop and deliver training pertaining to employment and labor law compliance
- Builds strong relationships with key business partners to enhance the integration of compliance requirements into their processes
- Consults on new business and technology initiatives to ensure compliance requirements are incorporated to mitigate risk
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned
- Broad based knowledge and experience of employment and labor law and regulations
- Experience working collaboratively with Human Resources, Legal and business partners
- Experience completing compliance gap assessments and implementing appropriate controls to close the gaps
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically with respect to the needs of business clients and their objectives while ensuring compliance with law and industry best practices
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Clearly communicates technical or specialized concepts to partners
- Assertive negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organizational and both time/project management ability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change.
- High detail orientation and solid analytical skills.
- Skill in problem solving and decision making.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field of study or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years Human Resources Department experience at a professional level
- Three or more years of experience auditing company employment policies and/or communications
- Three or more years of experience working with multi-state employment law issues, including wage and hour, hiring practices, leave of absence administration and accommodation
- Employment law background a plus, but not required
- Position may require travel
- Usual office working conditions.
- Travel within or outside of state.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.DECLARATION
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Apply on company website