Job Title: Student Teller
Job Type: Part-time
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
At Chartway, helping our members achieve their dreams is our business. Through living Chartway's vision, mission, and values, our employees serve our communities to make their lives more affordable. Whether you want to work in leadership or you're just getting started, we invite you to join our team.
The Student Teller is responsible for assisting members with account opening and online banking set up, processing share deposits, deploying in school marketing efforts, and engaging in peer-to-peer education. This role is available to students at the high schools where our Student Run Credit Union Branches are located.
Qualifications and requirements include the following:
- Student teller must be at least 16 years old
- Ability to use a desktop computer, printer, copier, and phone as well as navigate websites and spreadsheets
- Ability to discuss, one-on-one and in group settings, financial topics and products/services as well as to refer members to full-service branches for assistance.
- Student teller must provide SSN or TIN to the credit union, and submit a W-4 if required
- Parent or guardian must allow participation by signing the required permission slip
- Student teller participation must be approved by the faculty liaison and school administration
- Student teller must open a Prime Share account
- Student attendance is required in the branch during all lunch periods during which the SRCU is open
- Students must wear a name tag and dress appropriately for a role representing Chartway
Apply on company website