Job Title: Director-Enterprise Risk Management/Compliance
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
At Chartway, helping our members achieve their dreams is our business. Through living Chartway's vision, mission, and values, our employees serve our communities to make their lives more affordable. Whether you want to work in leadership or you're just getting started, we invite you to join our team.
Responsible to the VP Enterprise Risk Management & Compliance, the Director will be instrumental in managing the Risk Department, and the Compliance Department.
The Director Enterprise Risk Management & Compliance will develop and manage a framework to identify, assess, mitigate, and monitor business risks across the entire enterprise. This position will manage, monitor, and maintain the overall enterprise risk management through the application of effective risk identification methods along with oversight and coordination of mitigation strategies throughout the credit union. The primary functions are related to member information security, business continuity and recovery, critical & non-critical third-party relationships, and both current and pending regulatory requirements as related to the management of the Enterprise Risk Program. Secondary functions include monitoring of any new procedures by other departments, litigation matters, insurance, information technology oversight, and coordination of compliance/regulatory audits.
The Director Enterprise Risk Management & Compliance be responsible for ensuring our operations and procedures comply with legal regulations and internal policies. Duties will include evaluating all current and new compliance regulations, reviewing credit union processes, and assist with implementation of changes, if required. He/she will be a resource for compliance issues that arise at the credit union. This will involve being the facilitator to outside resources for more complex compliance matters.
Due to the nature of the oversight responsibilities associated with this position, strong skills in partnering and coordinating with executive and other director level positions throughout the credit union to facilitate the assessment of appropriate risk, mitigation procedures and resolution strategies cross-functionally is critical in the effective management of this program.
Responsible and Accountable for:
a) The Risk Department:
1. Monitoring on an ongoing basis the remediation efforts where risk exposure has been identified through either internal or external review to ensure the efficient implementation of mitigation strategies as recommended.
2. Establishing and maintain a detailed ERM program plan utilizing internal and external resources to support the development of a framework to properly identify enterprise risk, assess exposure, develop, and implement mitigation procedures with monitoring and follow-up established.
3. Developing a reporting process and scorecard of key performance indicators to monitor / audit compliance and timely implementation of risk mitigation strategies and procedures along with effective and timely reporting standard for both senior management and the Board of Directors.
4. Working with all levels of management throughout the enterprise to enhance contingency plans and update business recovery plans and standards based on changing member and institutional needs in mitigating the occurrence or impact of an internal or external event or systems / service failure.
5. Work with all levels of management throughout the enterprise to ensure and enhance the security of member information mitigating the occurrence, impact or exposure resulting from an internal or external event / systems / service or procedural breach or loss.
6. Developing, updating, and Implementing emergency preparedness programs and procedures to ensure the effective, efficient, and successful business continuity process for the enterprise.
b) The Compliance Department
1. Developing, implementing and/or maintaining credit union policies, procedures and adhere to regulations.
2. Overseeing all operations relating to compliance including policies, investments, and procedures.
3. Monitoring and reporting on internal controls to address violations of internal policies/ regulations and recommending effective improvements.
4. Collaborating with multiple departments, consultants, and industry peers on compliance matters.
5. Performing periodic audits/reviews on policy, procedures, and regulations.
6. Supervise compliance team, as applicable.
Education and Experience:
• Experience: Approximately 7+ years of ERM/Compliance, Management or Audit experience in financial services.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting / Audit or related area or equivalent experience.
• Preferred Certification: Industry recognized ERM and/or Compliance certification
• Preferred: Auditing experience/background; BSA/AML Program knowledge/experience
Chartway offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Candidates must have a good credit history for consideration. Salary requirements must be included and resumes must be accompanied by a Chartway Employment Application for consideration.
Chartway Federal Credit Union is an EOE/M/F/ Disability/Vet Employer.
Apply on company website