Posted Date: Dec 19, 2019
Full time associates are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation's Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search' in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.' For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.Job Summary
Working as the Sous Chef, you will be responsible for the successful operation of the Culinary Department for a facility. You will assist in the supervision, preparation, and cooking of various food items, developing daily menu items and their preparation and garnishment. You may supervise hourly associates and you work with Executive Chef/Chef to develop new menus and assist with ordering. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
- Assists the Executive Chef with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Assists the Executive Chef with planning and creating menus
- Produces and execute catering events
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
- Some progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences helpful
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 360335
Apply on company website