Posted Date: Dec 17, 2020
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference? At Chartwells, we provide over 2 million meals each day to students at more than 4,100 schools, ranging from large public institutions to small charter and private schools. Our goal is to ensure kids leave the cafeteria happier and healthier than they come in. That's why we serve food kids love to eat and create programs that encourage fun and discovery.
The Director of Dining Services is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial manager who is constantly seeking a better way to conduct business! This position is part of a management team who are responsible for the successful operation of food services. The Director ensures client, customer service/satisfaction with efficient cost effective management that both meets and exceeds stated expectations. They are responsible for all foodservice-related activities; including cafeteria, athletics and before/after-school programs, catering etc, quality improvement, sanitation, infection control, and all client-related activities.
- Manages district associates in the Food Service Department
- Assists the Resident District Manager in the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the account
- Prepares and manages annual budget
- Utilize company systems for completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory, cash reports, production records, payroll/time-keeping, etc.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in adherence to company food standards for preparation, presentation, sanitation and safety (meeting HACCP and OSHA guidelines) and portion control
- Other duties as assigned
- AA Degree required; Bachelors Degree in Culinary, Hospitality, Management or related field is preferred
- Three to Five years of direct foodservice operational management experience with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Strong supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
- Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Prior catering experience is a plus
- Prior K-12 food service is a plus
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- ServSafe® Certified
Apply to Chartwells Schools today!
Chartwells Schools is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 441622
Richmond, IN 47374 | Hagerstown, IN 47346 | Greenfield, IN 46140 | Anderson, IN 46013 | Muncie, IN 47305 | Indianapolis, IN 46204
Apply on company website