Posted Date: Dec 13, 2020
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference? At Chartwells, we provide over 2 million meals each day to students at more than 4,100 schools, ranging from large public institutions to small charter and private schools. Our goal is to ensure kids leave the cafeteria happier and healthier than they come in. That's why we serve food kids love to eat and create programs that encourage fun and discovery.
Working as a District Executive Chef, you are responsible for overseeing all culinary functions of a K-12 dining account. You will support a team of associates and oversee all safety and sanitation as it pertains to the accounts. You may be responsible for managing the departments scheduling, discipline, and/or hiring. You may assist the Director of Dining Services and Regional Executive Chef in developing new menus, recipes, and ordering. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional!
- Supports all facets of the culinary operations for a multi-unit K-12 dining account
- Provides frontline culinary resources and support
- Assists with food cost control, menu planning, purchasing, and ensures food quality guidelines are followed
- Assists with planning and creating menus
- Produces and executes catering events
- Teaches, trains and mentors cooks
- Responsible for driving innovation in all accounts
- Will bring up the skill level of cooks in the district
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- Develops and communicates strategies for improving customer experience
- Provides training programs to assure consistent, high quality food
- Culinary degree preferred
- A minimum of five years of culinary management experience
- High volume production and catering experience is preferred
- Previous experience managing cost controls
- Passion for teaching/training
- Desire to learn and grow with a top notch foodservice company
Apply to Chartwells Schools today!
Chartwells Schools is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 433876
Apply on company website