Chateau Elan Winery & Resort
Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new group sales accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in rooms, food, beverage, and room rental.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of past group sales experience at a resort or large hotel preferred.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi. Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Advanced knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
- Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Book group events ranging in size from 10-400 rooms, including corporate, association, Smerf and sports groups.
- Book catering events including weddings, day meetings and other requests.
- Plan and detail events as required.
- Advanced level of producing room, banquet, and room rental revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Position is Atlanta area based, on site at the Resort.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website