The Chevron Business Support Center (BASSC) located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, is accepting online applications for the position Application Engineer. Successful candidates will join the Software Engineer team which is part of a successful multifunction service center with a workforce of more than 700 employees delivering business services and solutions across the globe.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Consistently deliver innovative solutions, driving them through design, planning, development, deployment, and support, simplifying business processes and workflows to drive business value.
- Deliver results in collaboration with other application/software engineering and technical teams. Constructively and positively influence own and other teams/organizations direction.
- Work with technologies like Power BI, SQL, third party vendor solutions and Microsoft Azure.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Experience performing application/software trouble-shooting, analysis, coordination, and resolution.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. English domain is a must.
- Excellent customer focus and results-orientation.
- Experience in global team collaboration including external vendors, in a multi-cultural environment.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and collaborating with others to deliver results.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and frameworks.
Preferred Qualifications (desirable):
- Oil and Gas Well Life Cycle Acumen or domain knowledge desired.
- Familiarity with Real-Time data technology and protocols (WITSML/WITSO).
- Basic understanding of typical Rig site/ field network configuration and potential variance.
- Hands-on experience with Azure Cloud and DevOps is considered a plus.
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum / Kanban) is considered a plus.
- Familiarity with integration technologies and patterns (API, Messaging, Data Integration) is considered a plus.
- Proficient in major development tools and processes, such as source control, requirement spec, design, and design review, unit test, integration test, performance test, etc.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on company website