CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This position is responsible for providing Perioperative nursing care of all patient populations undergoing surgical procedures. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the direct and indirect implementation of the patient's plan of care in the Operating Room (OR). May have additional responsibilities as designated by the director, which include, but are not limited to, serving on committees, participating in quality improvement audits, and projects. The circulator nurse will display positive support for the values and mission of CHI St. Luke's Health organization.
- Quality - completes work with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Productivity - efficiently utilizes time in accomplishing work.
- Customer Focus - lives organizational and departmental service standards.
- Reliability - completes tasks assigned; follows up as needed.
- Availability - meets attendance standards; is punctual; works when needed.
- Decision Making - displays sound judgment; works with minimal supervision.
- Initiative - seeks out productive duties in absence of guidance; is a self-starter.
- Adheres to Policy - follows CHI ST. Luke's Memorial Hospital rules, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Interpersonal Relationships - cooperates, communicates and works well with others. Professionalism - represents CHI ST. Luke's Memorial Hospital positively in actions and appearance.
- Responsible for managing the nursing care of the patient within the OR and coordinating the needs of the surgical team with other care provider necessary for completion of surgery.
- Observes surgery and provides assistance to the sterile team and anesthesia, as appropriate, to meet the needs of the patient.
- Assess the patient's condition before, during and after the operation to ensure an optimal outcome for the patient.
- Must be able to anticipate the scrub nurse's needs and be able to open sterile packs, operate equipment and keep accurate records.
- Circulating nurse monitors the implementation of aseptic technique principle by all surgical team members and ensures that beaks in techniques are corrected.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with the interdisciplinary team.
- Documents nursing care and patient status in accordance with the nursing process that is consistent with organizational standards.
- Contributes to the productivity and professional environment of the department.
- Develop and implement individualize plan of care by:
- Protecting the patient from injury;
- Performing accounting procedures to protect the patient from unintended retained surgical items;
- Performing interventions necessary to ensure that the patient's procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level;
- Managing the patient's specimens according to policy and procedure
- Participates in quality review and performance improvement projects.
- Maintain required competencies.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
* Texas Registered Nurse License
* BLS upon hire from AHA
* ACLS within 6 months of hire
* PALS within 6 months of hire
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Effective Communication
* Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for practical nursing to provide patient care and treatment.
* Critical thinking skills
* Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
* Basic Computer skills - familiarity with Windows based software programs
One or more years of previous experience as a circulating RNCommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Overview:CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 7...
Apply on company website