MercyOne is a connected system of health care facilities and services dedicated to helping individuals live their best life.
With 420 care locations, our clinics, medical centers and affiliates are never too far from home, allowing us to improve the lives of individuals and communities across the state of Iowa and beyond.
MercyOne's Central Iowa Region includes medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive - along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines.
Provides individualized, high-quality nursing care to patients of all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate and coordinate patient care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Independently delivers nursing care using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing standards, ethical principles, and professional judgment. Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring patient comfort.
- Practices safe patient handling techniques.
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing treatment.
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to educational and emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e. Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment setup, maintenance, and use (i.e. IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices). Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e. cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage devices, ambulating, and hygiene).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possession of a current or compact state license as a Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- BSN preferred.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
MercyOneCCRNCommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Overview:MercyOne is a connected system of health care facilities and services dedicated to helping individuals live their best li...
Apply on company website