Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Provides perioperative patient care, specifically in the intraoperative phase, in both the scrub and circulating roles according to established guidelines. Serves the population from neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric. This position requires call, weekends, nights and Holidays as scheduled.
- Scrubs and circulates on cases independently, with minimal direction.
- Prepares for surgical cases in an efficient manner, anticipating needs of patient, surgeon, anesthesia and other O.R. team members.
- Provides a safe environment for patient and staff by implementing standards of aseptic technique and by controlling the physical and psychological aspects of that environment.
- Collects and analyzes data and assesses patient in developing nursing diagnosis.
- Communicates effectively with the patient, staff, physicians, and families.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up and function.
- Initiates and directs room clean up and turnover.
- Participates in orientation and training of new personnel.
- Assists in maintenance of physician's preference cards and other O.R. resource material.
- Utilizes computer in surgical documentation, disposition of specimens and obtaining pertinent information.
- Participates in departmental Performance Improvement activities as appropriate.
- Attends department meetings and inservices.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possession of a current or compact state license as a Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- Operating Room experience preferred.
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Ability to read, write and speak English language.
- Ability to take call
Overview:CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 ...
Apply on company website