Children s Specialized Hospital, a member of the RWJBH Healthcare System, is the nation s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
Children's Specialized Hospital is now in its third century of caring for those in need. Our Boards of Trustees, physicians, therapists, nurses, staff, volunteers, and donors remain dedicated to the very ideals of the Hospital's founders and committed to providing the best care possible so that every child who seeks our help reaches their fullest potential.
Job Summary Evaluates patient s psychotherapeutic needs, performs psychological testing and provides psychotherapy for inpatient and outpatient populations as indicated. Essential Job Functions
At 16 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
- Evenings and occasional weekends required (Inpatient).
- Provides effective individual, family, group psychotherapy as indicated.
- Identifies realistic goals for psychotherapy.
- Attends program development and case conferences as indicated for patients treated or evaluated.
- Provides inservices to staff and community agencies as requested by Supervisor.
- Performs complete psychodiagnostic evaluations as indicated.
- Disseminates findings accurately and sensitively and according to Department policy.
- Provides supervision to staff, fellows, interns, externs as indicated.
- Provides effective team consultation as needed.
- Displays competency in obtaining and interpreting the parents behavior based upon an understanding of cognitive, bio-psychosocial and aging processes.
- Displays an understanding of the developmental needs of the patient when planning and implementing treatment.
- Meet minimum annual expected volumes.
Apply on company website