Montage Health's application process has changed effective 12/20/2019.
If you submitted an online application prior to 12/20/2019, you will be required to recreate your profile information if you want to apply to any new positions. You will no longer have access to your previously saved profiles and applications. Current employees applying for transfer into a posted position must also create a profile.
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees
Community Health Innovations (CHI) is a population health company, owned by Montage Health and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, created to improve health and well-being in Monterey County.
We collaborate with doctors and hospitals, health plans, patients, and community partners to promote wellness, improve care, and help lower healthcare costs for everyone. CHI helps people find solutions to overcome barriers to good health - financial, emotional behavioral, and clinical - so they can be more active, more independent, and more in control of their health.
If you have a passion for helping people live healthy lives and want to work with a company where your contributions will make a positive impact to community health check us out. We are changing the direction of healthcare in Monterey County and are looking for like-minded people who thrive in a dynamic organization to join us.
Purpose of Position
The Engagement Specialist is responsible for outreach activities that connect patients, health plan members, and the community to CHI's health promotion, care coordination and disease management services.
The Engagement Specialist supports CHI's multi-disciplinary team by identifying at risk populations and specific health needs, then referring to appropriate services. Additionally, this position will support a variety of chronic condition management and wellness services including, but not limited to:
- Conducting telephonic, mail, email, and in-person outreach to educate health plan members about their benefits and provide health education materials to support self-management.
- Working collaboratively with CHI team members to identify and respond to member needs.
- Managing provider referrals to connect patients with appropriate programs and services.
- Connecting members with relevant resources such as health coaching, care management, social work, health education, and other community and clinical services.
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating new and innovative outreach and engagement campaigns.
- Preparing and sending professional health promotion materials.
- Scheduling appointments for CHI services and performing reminder calls.
- Coordinating community events including equipment and supply preparation, pick-up, transport, delivery, set-up, and take-down.
- Providing onsite assistance with health promotion events including but not limited to: health fairs, biometric screenings, onsite program promotion, etc.
- Providing excellent customer service to all members, patients and the community.
- Supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of CHI programs and activities to achieve optimal health outcomes.
- Acting as a patient advocate, responding to and working to resolve patient concerns or barriers in a timely manner.
- Using motivational interviewing skills to engage members.
- Maintaining accurate records and providing progress reports for activities including but not limited to; outbound call attempts, inaccurate telephone numbers, messages left, successful outreach, member satisfaction, community events, etc.
- Documenting interactions to provide ongoing feedback about member needs to enhance and identify effective engagement strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Science, equivalent or higher, in health related field (i.e. public health, wellness, nutrition, exercise science, etc.) from an accredited college or university; relevant professional experience may substitute for education
- Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively and actively engage members during telephonic outreach, using evidence-based health promotion strategies
- Ability to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks
- Detail oriented, well organized, and efficient
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, electronic medical records, and web-based solutions
- Knowledge of healthcare services, health promotion programs and community resources
- Experience with motivational interviewing, health education, wellness, and/or care coordination services
- Experience in a health care setting preferred
Benefits: Competitive benefit plan
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Community Health Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.
Assigned Work Hours:
Apply on company website