Information About this Position
- Up to $15,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Benefits Eligible
- Weekend Option
Company and Job Overview
Christian Hospital is a full-service acute care community hospital located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian Hospital is noted for its excellence in heart services and lifesaving cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast health services, orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care, pain management, vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal care, stroke care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology, pulmonary care and treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles west of Christian Hospital, provides the community 24-hour emergency care, with Washington University Physicians and St. Louis Children's Hospital providing pediatric services. Northwest HealthCare is also home to the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of full-service outpatient diagnostic and imaging services in a convenient setting.
The Emergency Department Nurse provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of emergency nursing care.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- Responsible for prioritizing medical and mental health care for various levels of acuities. Quickly recognize and effectively treat life-threatening conditions while rapidly prioritizing and delivering appropriate care.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of emergency nursing care and patient's age-specific needs.. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Acts as patient advocate. Demonstrates competence and critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial and emotional needs of all patients.
- Understands the unique learning needs of patients and families. Educates patients and their families on disease process, management of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection prevention techniques and preparation for next transition of care.
- Must maintain competency and actively participates in training to be prepared for emergency response. Provides direct care during disasters, crisis intervention and response. Collaborate with community first responders to develop, implement and evaluate preparedness strategies.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's
- 2-5 years experience
- RN license
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- ENPC (Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course) certification
- CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website