Information About this Position
- Ideally candidate will have strong employee relations experience
Company and Job Overview
Christian Hospital is a full-service acute care community hospital located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian Hospital is noted for its excellence in heart services and lifesaving cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast health services, orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care, pain management, vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal care, stroke care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology, pulmonary care and treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles west of Christian Hospital, provides the community 24-hour emergency care, with Washington University Physicians and St. Louis Children's Hospital providing pediatric services. Northwest HealthCare is also home to the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of full-service outpatient diagnostic and imaging services in a convenient setting.
Responsible for providing proactive HR consultation directly connected to the immediate and long term business needs of the hospital. Serves as a hands-on, progressive HR generalist who develops a thorough understanding of business challenges and related human capital needs of all assigned departments and functions and ensures alignment of the strategies and programs to the broader organizational goals. Partners with management and employees to provide service and support in a variety of HR functions, with an emphasis in performance management, employee relations, management training and organizational development, compensation and benefits administration, rewards and recognition.
- Utilizes strong interpersonal skills and abilities to effectively interact with employees and leaders at all organizational levels.
- Monitors and analyzes various human resource metrics and provides proactive consultation to address potential business issues.
- Strategically partners with senior leadership to manage complex business issues including legal/employee relations, regulatory compliance, compensation/benefits, organizational development/effectiveness matters, and talent acquisition.
- Effectively serves as a change leader or champion.
- Manages large projects impacting the enterprise/multiple business units.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-10 years
- Master's Degree
- < 2 years supervisory experience
- PHR certification
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website