Information About this Position
- Up to a $5k Sign-On Bonus
Company and Job Overview
Christian Hospital is a full-service acute care community hospital located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian Hospital is noted for its excellence in heart services and lifesaving cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast health services, orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care, pain management, vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal care, stroke care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology, pulmonary care and treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles west of Christian Hospital, provides the community 24-hour emergency care, with Washington University Physicians and St. Louis Children's Hospital providing pediatric services. Northwest HealthCare is also home to the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of full-service outpatient diagnostic and imaging services in a convenient setting.
Provides direct patient care activities related to respiratory care including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation within the guidelines of the hospital and department. Can independently apply advanced clinical respiratory expertise and scientific knowledge including best practices serving as a resource to others as part of the patient care team. Ensures patient safety by providing care in an effective, developmentally and age appropriate manner while complying with all quality and regulatory requirements as well as quality improvement initiatives.
- Effectively communicates by participating in the exchange of information including documentation, handoff and works collaboratively with the healthcare team.
- Provides education and training about respiratory therapy treatments and procedures to others including patients, families, students, new employees and members of the healthcare team utilizing diversity and learning styles.
- Holds self-accountable and seeks out opportunities for continuous learning and feedback and is able to perform multiple related duties, prioritizing and applying effective time management.
- Performs various diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory procedures according to established standards, procedures, guidelines and policies. Applies respiratory knowledge and clinical expertise, including the ability to assess, analyze and troubleshoot as needed.
- Demonstrates advanced clinical and critical care skills to support additional job responsibilities such as ECMO support, mechanical ventilator support, bronchoscopies, sleep lab, labor and delivery, cardiopulmonary and circulatory rehabilitation, Basic Life Support (BLS), etc. as needed.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Associate's Degree from a CoARC Accredited Program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Bachelor's Degree
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website