Information About this Position
- Full Time
- 36 Hours a Week
- 12 Hour Shifts
- 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Sign-On Bonus $1000
Company and Job Overview
Christian Hospital is a full-service acute care community hospital located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian Hospital is noted for its excellence in heart services and lifesaving cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast health services, orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care, pain management, vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal care, stroke care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology, pulmonary care and treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles west of Christian Hospital, provides the community 24-hour emergency care, with Washington University Physicians and St. Louis Children's Hospital providing pediatric services. Northwest HealthCare is also home to the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of full-service outpatient diagnostic and imaging services in a convenient setting.
Provides direct patient care to support the licensed professional nurses responsible for a team of patients to ensure a safe environment for patients by reducing risk of harm. Collects vital information on the patient and reports such to the nursing team which contributes to the overall assessment of each patient and any changes to a patient's condition.
- Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse, promoting patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Administers or assists patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), performs vital signs, intake & output, fall and pressure ulcer prevention measures, urinary catheter care, phlebotomy, or point of care testing as requested.
- Collects clinical data and information on patients, and reports changes in patient status to the nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided with correct medical terminology. Acts as 1:1 patient safety sitter as necessary.
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient's needs.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website