CHS Dakota Plains has an exciting opportunity. We are looking for a full-time Accounting Specialist. You must be detail oriented with excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Process Accounts Payable (A/P) and Account Receivable (A/R)
- Reconcile accounts and bills, analyze discrepancies.
- Perform routine balancing, filing, and calculating
- Run Daily Position Reports
- Maintain Record keeping logs, including sales tickets
- Handle customer phone calls
- Provide clear office communications, written and verbal
- Create favorable image of Coop
- Assist Controller when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in Accounting (additional years of accounting experience may offset education)
- 3 years A/P and A/R experience
- Previous Customer Service experience
- Computer – MS Office 2003 (Excel, Word)
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Agris accounting software
- Previous accounting experience with grain or agronomy
- Farming background / understanding
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website