CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Driver to deliver grain, feed, seed, fertilizer, other bulk liquid products. You must have a high energy level, exhibit personal integrity, have an excellent driving record and be committed to safety, customer service, and solving problems creatively. You must have a good work ethic with professional communications skills.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers in a safe, timely, and professional manner, ensuring the truck is operated in a safe manner at all times.
- Follow all guidelines and regulations for hauling grain, feed, seed, fertilizer, other bulk liquid products.
- Maintain logs with each shipment, completing daily invoices and reports.
- Perform visual inspection of truck before leaving premises and complete maintenance report on all deficiencies.
- Report all accidents, traffic violations, and damage to vehicles.
- Complete daily maintenance report and notify supervisor of any needed repairs.
- Manage all aspects of the load on your truck and be responsible for all shortages and damages unless visual observation of loading is not possible. In this case, note “shippers load and count on loading.”
- Maintain cleanliness of your truck both inside and out. Sweep trailers out after each use.
- Ensure on time loading and unloading and communicate with vendors if delays occur.
- Provide excellent customer service, treating all customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Be available to load and/or unload your loads as needed.
- Make out daily trip sheet and other paper work as required.
- Keep reefer units filled with fuel.
- Use sound judgment and abilities to support the best interests of the company in all situations.
- Perform other related duties as needed or assigned.
- Assist in the warehouse when not delivering product.
- Work additional hours and occasional Saturdays to meet business needs.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Class A CDL with Hazmat, Tanker, and Air Brake endorsements
- Experience operating a tractor trailer combination
- Must pass a DOT required physical and drug screen
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours and occasional Saturdays to meet business demands
- Ability to lift/carry up to 80lbs, walk, stand, sit, bend, and kneel
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Agriculture background
- Bulk liquid experience
- Customer service experience
- Fork Lift experience
Benefits & EOE
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here..
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website