CHS has an opportunity for a Feed Mill Operator at our Feed Mill in Hamilton on the 2nd shift (approximate hours are 9:30 am to 6 pm). You will work extensively with Country Operations Cooperative Customers in ensuring they are provided the highest level of service. You must be customer focused, be hard working, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You must also be experienced and comfortable with using a computer and have the ability to learn the system we use to make feed! This position has the opportunity for growth.
- Operate all feed manufacturing equipment safely and efficiently.
- Adhere to CHS' quality assurance program regarding ingredient receiving, load-out, and bagging.
- Perform necessary sequencing, recording, and documenting of all feed manufactured during shift.
- Maintain accurate production and FDA records, entering data into Excel spreadsheet.
- Mix and prepare livestock feeds efficiently and in a manner that assures accuracy and high quality.
- Assist management with production scheduling, inventory planning and control for both ingredients and finished products.
- Determine proper routing and distribution for manufactured feeds to appropriate holding bins.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and repair as needed.
- Load and unload trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers when needed.
- Adhere to all HACCP and FDA training requirements.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Effectively communicate with managers, co-workers, and customers.
- Perform general work around the facility and other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- One-plus years of manufacturing experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and good computer skills
- Ability to lift 75 lbs, bend, turn, twist, climb ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Farming background
- Feed Mill experience
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website