CHS Midwest Cooperative has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division. We are looking for a Grain Operations Supervisor to be a hands-on team lead in a grain facility, performing elevator operations and providing guidance to others as needed to provide efficient, safe, and reliable service to patrons. You must be a detail-oriented, results-driven individual with a commitment to quality, accuracy and the ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are necessary.
- Oversee the accurate weighing, grading, binning, dumping, and pricing of incoming grain.
- Clean and dry incoming grain and ensure proper bin storage.
- Act as a working supervisor, leading by example, providing general work direction, and fostering communication and a strong customer service mentality.
- Comply with elevator housekeeping and equipment maintenance programs to avoid safety hazards and equipment breakdowns. Enforce safety rules.
- Prepare documentation associated with grain and merchandise sales, and grain shipments.
- Oversee the blending and load out of trucks and railcars and complete the required documentation.
- Assist in the management of all elevator functions to meet budget goals and maximize profitability.
- Coordinate incoming shipment information with location management, and assist in determining the daily market position.
- Assist in marketing grain: buying grain from farmers
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business demands.
Basic Qualification: (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of grain handling/elevator experience
- Previous customer relations / customer service experience
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs; climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins
- Ability to operate loaders, conveyors, tractors, track mobiles, and/or drive a forklift
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in an agriculture related program
- Agribusiness supervisor experience
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Agronomy and mechanical background
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website