CHS has an exciting opportunity within our Renewable Fuels division. We are looking for a Grain Operator to perform tasks and operate equipment associated with the safe, reliable, efficient, and high throughput receipt of feedstock into and shipment of products out of the dry-mill ethanol refinery. You must be analytical and detail oriented, with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Operate equipment for loading and unloading distiller's grains, corn, ethanol, and minor byproducts. This includes operating an end loader, forklift and operate conveyor systems.
- Ensure processes are operating normally, in a safe and compliant manner.
- Regulate or shutdown equipment during emergency situations, as directed by supervisory staff.
- Participate in plant maintenance program by performing routine preventative maintenance tasks as directed and interact with plant maintenance, to facilitate, repair, or replacement equipment as directed.
- Participate in troubleshooting and process improvement activities.
- Participate in grain quality management by regular cleaning of storage bins/silos.
- Perform grain grading and train to help provide coverage for the Shipping Clerk
- Play an active role in the plant housekeeping program.
- Actively participate in safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Approach every task with safety as the first work consideration. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Identify and mitigate hazards before starting work tasks. Maintain situational awareness to identify and mitigate potential hazards while performing work tasks.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 + years of work experience in a structured team environment
- Proficient in using email
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to properly utilize required personal protective equipment
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs to work at heights of up to 180 feet
- Some college level and/or trade school training
- Agriculture, grain handling, heavy equipment operation, and/or ethanol industry experience
- Experience with computerized logistics loading software and computerized conveyor/equipment controls
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website