CHS Midwest Cooperative has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Grain Originator I to work extensively with producers and country elevators in procuring grain and setting up marketing programs. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, be detail oriented, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Work with producers and country elevators updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, grain programs, and purchasing grain.
- Work with producers and country elevators to form marketing plans.
- Work closely with Grain Marketing personnel (i.e., grain merchants, grain buyers, the hedge desk and accountants) in exchange of information.
- Communicate bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Buy grain from producers and country elevators .
- Report and enter all purchase contracts quickly and accurately.
- Work with producers and country elevators in the exchange of information to enhance the flow of grain.
- Attain Series III license within the first 12 months of employment.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 plus years of Grain Procurement experience
- Bachelor's degree in Ag Business, Ag Economics, or other business related program
- Series III license
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website