CHS has an exciting opportunity within our Processing and Food Ingredients Division. We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to do general maintenance throughout the plant. You must be self-motivated, has the desire to learn, and works well with others.
- Maintain all plant equipment and facilities as needed and as efficiently and timely as possible.
- Repair and perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to ensure the most efficient operation of the facility.
- Work with outside contractors in a professional manner to complete jobs in a timely manner.
- Wear eye protection at all times, wear hearing protection where needed, wear a hard hat for head protection and follow all safety rules.
- Work with fellow team members in a professional manner and promote a self directed and empowered workforce.
- Learn to identify problems on equipment and continually monitor equipment while going to and from job sites, and initiate appropriate repair processes.
- Report all parts used to ensure appropriate inventory of parts and equipment.
- Maintain all tools issued and monitor them as their own.
- Complete annual classes as required on Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Be on-call 24/7.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience troubleshooting equipment, identify and complete appropriate repairs, and implement measures to prevent reoccurring maintenance problems
- Working knowledge of the operations, control, and functions of equipment and machinery
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights up to 120ft
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs continuously
- Ability to work in noisy, dusty, and all weather conditions
- Ability to be on-call 24/7
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Experience in a food production facility
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website